Samsung Galaxy S4 Android smartphone may be the lesser heard smartphone, but when it comes to the Android 5.1.1 update, this device is equally capable of accommodating this update just like other premium / budget android devices. This new update is unfortunately not available from the official sources of SAMSUNG but is from Cyanogen Mod team who had recently announced the CM 12.1 update which comes with the base of Lollipop 5.1.1 update. So let’s check out quickly on how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S4 device with this firmware update.
Quick Pre Requsiites:
• Create a backup of all the Data in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Phone manually with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Apart from the below mentioned steps, make sure that you are also creating a backup of all the Chat Messengers data as it will also be wiped off after rooting the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
• In your Samsung Galaxy S4, enable the USB Debugging Mode from “Menu > Settings > Applications > Development option”. Minimum battery left in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Phone should be > 50% or else the device might just get turn Off in the middle of firmware update process.
• Download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store to check on whether your device is rooted or not.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Phone due to not following instructions.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.1.1 Android OS:
· Download CM 12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 Android OS Package along with Google Apps package in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with original USB cable and place these 2 zip files in your device.
• Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S4 can be entered by turning off the device and press the Volume Up button while you turn ON the device till you see the device getting into recovery mode.
• In recovery mode, you need to select “wipe data/factory reset” option with the help of power button and then select “wipe cache portion” to clear the cache.
• Now, select “install zip sd card” to select firmware zip file and then the Google apps package and select the same with the help of power button. If the device gets into the recovery mode, select “go back” option and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
• Firmware update process will take around 5- 10 minutes and once the device is updated successfully, device will reboot.
Note: If at all your Samsung Galaxy S4 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know once you in the comments section below on how you felt about this new update after applying in your device. We will be very soon coming up with the new firmwares for your Samsung Galaxy S4 device.