Here is tutorial of Android device can now be updated with the Android 5.0 OS which is nothing but the Lollipop update. While the official update of Android 5.0 won’t be available for the device, all thanks to the Cyanogen Mod 12 team for coming out with this project of porting the device with Android 5.0. This update should only be applied to the unlocked Android smartphones only and not to any other variants of Samsung, Motorola, ZTE, Sony,Evercoss ETC.
- Download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not.
- Once the device is rooted, you now need to download “SuperSU” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Battery life in your device should be more than 50% or else device may get turn off in the middle of firmware update process.
- Make sure that you are creating a backup of all the data with the help of manual steps and not with the KIES as it won’t help you restore the data as this is the custom ROM firmware.
here is For Advanced users only: We do not recommend the NANDROID backup method as in some cases it may brick the device completely.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for any damage happened to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
So let’s proceed to the next step where we have detailed out the instructions which will help you update the device.
Step by step to Update android os with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Download Lollipop 5.0 Android OS Package and Google Apps Package for android in your computer.
- Connect your Android to the computer with the help of original USB cable to place the two downloaded files in your device.
- Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode
- Recovery mode in Android Device can be entered by turning Off the device first and then press the Volume Up + Menu button to start the device in the recovery mode.
In recovery mode, all you need to do is to just select the option of “install zip from SD card” and choose the Lollipop 5.0 Android Firmware package and Google Apps Zip Package which you have earlier placed in your phone.
After the firmware is updated successfully, select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode with the help of Volume rocker keys. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If your device boots again and again after showing the “S” logo, then we recommend you to enter the device in the recovery mode to clear the data and re follow the above mentioned instructions again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will be more than happy to help you for the same.